In 2013, Retention Central posted the Sisyphus Complex Series that discussed the five most important questions Rotary International and its member clubs could ask themselves. The questions and essays are based on Peter Drucker's Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask About Your Organization. Here are links to each of the essays in the order that they should be reviewed:
- What business is Rotary in?
- Who is Rotary's customer?
- What does Rotary's customer value?
- What results does Rotary want?
- How does Rotary plan to achieve these results?
Rotary International's leaders are now addressing these issues and have made significant strides. However, anyone involved in any organization, be it a for-profit or a not-for-profit, or a charitable foundation, would do well to review these basic successful organization fundamentals.