General Information

Red Text bears a link to reference Rotatorials.

Retention Central is monitored occasionally by its creator, Jim Henry, who may be contacted by email at jrhjr255@gmail.com.


Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Future Visions of Rotary International Membership

   In conducting research for Rotatorials, I communicate with many Rotarians as well as past, present, and future Rotary International (R.I.)  leaders, primarily on membership issues.  One leader's vision of R.I.'s future was, quote, "I see a future where we have 25,000 clubs with 1.2 million members."   Another's vision was, quote, "I see a future where we have 25,000 clubs with 700,000 members, all of whom are of the highest quality...where dues are twice what they are now and members see it as a deal."  I must point out that neither vision is the official R.I. position, but they do point out a critical issue.
   Both visions identify attainable results.  It was interesting that both mentioned 25,000 member clubs, substantially less than the 34,000+ R.I. now has.  From R.I.'s viewpoint, fewer clubs would mean less administrative costs.  The latter, with 700,000 Rotarians paying twice the dues, would mean that R.I.'s annual income would be about 17% higher than 1.2 million members under the present dues structure.  But, in each vision, the Rotarians being created have different psychographics, wants, and needs.  The critical issue is that each visualized result requires different strategic and marketing plans
   R.I.'s only purpose is to create Rotarians.  It must identify and make public realistic short and long range membership results it would like to achieve so everyone can be working toward and be recognized for achieving the result.  If it doesn't, by default its desired result is to follow its present membership path.  



Or is this strictly a club issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment